Two Weeks Out For World Cup w/ Scott Kemp
We’re now two weeks away from the greatest and most important event of the year, World Cup! I wanted to share with you all my specific training I’ll be performing over these next couple weeks to show you how I strategically train, stretch, practice and rest, to optimize maximum performance for the all mighty Word Cup! If you’re competing in the World Cup too follow along with me!!! And if not, this is a good template to save and follow when you are two weeks out from your next tournament.
- Thur Oct 20: Circuit training.
- Fri Oct 21: 30 min swim or you can alternate for steady cardio.
- Sat Oct 22: Full day practice against Impact
- Sun Oct 23: Full day practice against Impact. Ice batch for 20 min at night to help speed up recovery and reduce inflammation from practice.
- Mon Oct 24: AM hot yoga class to help stretch me out after a long weekend of practice. PM Circuit training.
- Tue Oct 26: Circuit training.
- Wed Oct 27: AM circuit training. PM 20 min hill sprint intervals.
- Thur Oct 28: Circuit training.
- Fri Oct 29: Full rest day to be recovered and fully energized for practice.
- Sat Oct 30: Full day practice against Dynasty
- Sun Oct 31: Full day practice against Dynasty. Ice bath for 20 min at night to help speed up recovery and reduce inflammation from practice.
- Mon Nov 1: AM hot yoga class to help stretch me out after a long weekend of practice. PM Circuit training.
- Tue Nov 2: 30 min swim or you can alternate for 30 min steady cardio.
- Wed Nov 3: Full rest day. AM and PM ice bath for 20 min each.
- Thur Nov 4: Light 1 hour practice at event.
- Fri Nov 5: Game time! Event has kicked off and we’ll be playing our first two premium matches and I should be feeling 110%!!!
note: all the circuit training will be the same full body circuit that you will find below. It’s from a section in my performance training paintball Ebook and I still use this stuff! Remember to stretch and warm up before each day of circuit training. You will need a speed latter, jump rope and an optional sprinters parachute. You’ll notice I don’t do much heavy lifting in these last couple weeks leading up to the event because I like to stay nice and limber. I don’t want to be muscle bound and tight.