This one is for all my hard gainers out there who feel it’s so costly to buy all the foods they need to gain mass, but they just can’t afford it. Here are some tips and trick that will help you save hundreds of dollars each month. Making healthy meals that cost $2-$5 and still getting all the nutrition you need!
- Finding the right meats. Goodbye to organic! If you can afford it, go for it. But I don’t buy organic meat. It can cost $10-$25 per lb! Hunt around your local markets and find the ones that always have chicken breast for about $3.99 per lb and chicken thigh for about $1.99 per lb. This is your go to market for meats!
- Weight gainer! These are awesome products but can be so expensive. Let’s make it ourselves! Buy a generic brand whey protein. Also buy the supplement called dextrose. You can find it on amazon for about $20 per 20lb tub. Throw in some peanut butter and milk and you have yourself a $1000+ calorie shake for under $3 that taste awesome!
- Carbs are a must! But let’s buy them in bulk for cheap! Costco, Sam’s club or any store that sells in bulk is your friend here. Buy rice, oatmeal and pasta! These are your go to carbs!
- Don’t neglect the fruits and veggies! This one can actually be organic and still affordable. I find that a lot stores have matching prices to their organic produce and regular. Shop around and find the store that has good prices. That’s not going to be wholefoods. Ever!
- Canned foods. These are also going to be a great purchase in bulk. Tuna, beans, pasta sauce, you name it. These should never cost more than $1 per can.
- We all need water! Buy a good filter if you don’t have one already at your house. Water bottles are going to cost you too much money for the amount of water you should be drinking.
These are pretty easy steps to follow and just take a little time finding the right places and making the right choices. But once you know your town, it’s cake! So next time you’re telling yourself you can’t afford a healthy meal so you’re just going to order off the dollar menu at McDonalds, think again!