You’ve seen this drill before but not this variation. We had three stations set up:
- Two doritos very close to each other with a short bump into them.
- Two small doritos at almost full field length, start at the box and joust as you move into it.
- Snake 2 to Snake 2. Start in snake one and crawl into S2 before you can battle
We added a burst move before you could engage in battle adding a whole other reason why you should stay in shape during the week ;-). The same goals apply:
- Try not to check your barrel down in between snaps. You should be moving your gun very little and letting your core do all the work.
- Change your levels! Come out low, then mid, the low, then high. Always keep the opponent guessing! (Even if you are the one posted!)
- Find what kind of slide works best for each situation and allows you to quickly engage the opponent. You must stay in control of your whole body.
I have to say this is now one of my favorite drills besides 1v1’s. I immediately saw results in my own game after running this for about 30 minutes last practice. I was in a scenario where the other team had just taken our snake, I had just put in his backer and had to make a quick move to the wire to snap him out. I felt way more confident in the move after running this drill than I ever have before. Sure enough, I slid into S1 a bit wide, put two balls on the guy in our snake and lived. We also ended up winning that game as well.